Our response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Dear customers of BedsRus,
The health and wellbeing of our team and customers is our highest priority, so in light of the recent Covid-19 situation we wanted to assure you that we are taking necessary precautions to ensure the safety and hygiene of all who visit our stores or interact with our business.
While we understand that New Zealand is relatively unaffected by COVID-19, we do still need to be vigilant in our measures.
How you can protect yourself and others:
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or by covering your mouth and nose with tissues.
- Put used tissues in the bin or a bag immediately.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often (for at least 20 seconds).
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- Avoid personal contact, such as kissing, sharing cups or food with sick people.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects, such as doorknobs.
- Stay home if you feel unwell.
- Call Healthline on 0800 358 5453 if you have any symptoms and have been to any countries or territories of concern or have been in close contact with someone confirmed with COVID-19.
By staying educated, remaining vigilant and working together and with the advice of authorities we can slow the spread.
BedsRus stores have increased the hygiene and cleanliness practises in showrooms with the following precautionary measures:
- An increase of cleaning frequency and sanitation in stores
- Regular cleaning of high touch surfaces within stores, including toilets, doors and draw handles and front desks.
- Keeping our stores regularly informed so they may be adequately prepared should they need to respond quickly to an emerging health situation.
- Request any staff with any flu-like symptoms or symptoms of COVID-19 do not come in to work and self isolate.
For links to COVID-19 symptoms please visit here: www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus/covid-19-novel-coronavirus-health-advice-general-public#prevention
We will continue to monitor the situation as it develops, ensuring the care and safety of our stores, staff, customers and the wider community are our number one priority.
New Zealanders are known for our ability to support and work together in testing times so we know this recent situation will be no different. Please continue to follow health advice and support each other.