Privacy & Security
"Personal information" is any information or opinion, in any form, which identifies an individual or from which an individual's identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained.
2. Collecting your personal information
2.1 How do we collect your personal information
If possible, we always try to collect personal information directly from you, for example, when you:
- purchase a product from us - either in store or from our website;
- visit one of our stores;
- request product information over the internet or telephone; or
- notify us of a change in your contact details.
We may also obtain your personal information from third parties, for example:
- publicly available sources of information such as telephone directories to verify your identity;
- market researchers to market or develop our products;
- contractors; and
- trading partners.
We may also collect personal or other information from third parties you refer to us. If we do so, we will assume and you will ensure that you have made that third party aware of your referral and the purposes involved in the collection, use and disclosure of the relevant personal or other information.
2.2 Reasons for collecting your personal information
- determine your requirements in order to provide you with the appropriate products and services;
- process any communications you send us (which includes answering any queries, and dealing any complaints or feedback you have);
- confirm and deliver any purchases you make;
- identify you and protect you from unauthorised access to your personal or account information;
- conduct internal research to improve the products and services we offer to you;
- meet any legal obligations we have to identify our customers before dealing with them;
- to get in contact with you should we need to;
- do anything which you authorise or consent to us doing; or
- take any action we are required or authorised by law to take.
If you do not provide us with your personal information, it is generally not possible for us to provide you with the products or services you have requested. Where it is lawful and practical to do so, we may allow you to deal with us anonymously.
2.3 What kinds of personal information do we collect
The types of personal information we may collect include:
- if you make a purchase - your contact details (including name, address, telephone number and email), payment details (including credit card number(s));
- anonymous website usage information and statistics, when we track website users' click behaviour;
- transactional information about your purchases of our products and services, and a record of your indicated product interests; and
- correspondence between you and us.
3. Disclosing your personal information
3.1 Who we may disclose your personal information to
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our related companies;
- credit reporting agencies, ratings agencies and any business which provides information about the creditworthiness of persons;
- any entity to which we are authorised or required by law to disclose such information (for example, law enforcement agencies, various Federal, State or Local government departments, the courts);
- to our business associates and others for purposes which are directly related to our purpose for collecting your personal information;
- to our professional advisers, contractors or other service providers we engage to carry out, or advise on, our functions and activities (for example, mail service providers and couriers);
- other organisations with whom we have alliances or arrangements for the purposes of promoting our respective products and services;
- other parties which BedsRus has advised you of at the time the relevant personal information is collected; and
- with your consent, express or implied, to others.
3.2 Direct marketing
We may also use your personal information to provide you with information about our products and services. This includes but is not limited to, social media, electronic direct mail and other forms of communication that may be used to share information.
4. How we store your personal information
Personal information is mainly stored in secure electronic databases. We take precautions to safeguard your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
When your personal information is no longer required, we will destroy or delete it from our systems in a secure manner. However, we may be required by law to retain certain information for a set period of time. Once this period of time expires, we will destroy or delete this information in a secure manner.
5. Accessing and correcting personal information
You can ask to obtain access to your personal information that we hold by contacting us.
To effectively conduct our business with you, it is important that the personal information we hold about you is complete, accurate and current. At any time while we hold your personal information, we may ask you to tell us of any changes to your personal information.
We may charge you a fee for providing you with access to your personal information.
Under certain circumstances we may not be required to provide you with access or correct your personal information. Also, we may not be able to require our contractors to provide personal information to you. If we decide not to provide you with access to or correct your personal information, we will give you reasons for our decision.
At any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us, or you can use the opt-out unsubscribe link provided at the bottom of any email. We’ll make sure your name is unsubscribed from our marketing list within 5 days. However, we may still need to send you essential information about our products and other information as required by law.
BedsRus does not use identifiers to identify your personal information in our systems.
7. Overseas transfers of personal information
BedsRus will only transfer your personal information overseas if:
- we reasonably believe that the recipient of the information is subject to a law or a contract which effectively upholds privacy principles;
- you have consented to the transfer;
- the transfer is necessary for us to provide you with your requested goods or services;
- it is not practical to obtain your consent, the transfer is for your benefit and your consent would likely be given; or
8. Sensitive information
"Sensitive information" is a kind of personal information which is given a greater level of protection. Examples of sensitive information include:
- information about your health;
- criminal records;
- religious beliefs or affiliations; or
- political opinions.
We will only collect your sensitive information if:
- you have expressly consented to us doing so;
- we are required to do so by law; or
- the collection is necessary to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
9. Online dealings with BedsRus
We seek to keep current with available security and encryption technology so as to maintain the effectiveness of our security systems. However, no transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure and accordingly, we cannot warrant or ensure the security of any information you provide to us over the Internet. Please note that you transmit information at your own risk.
When you visit our website, we and/or our contractors may collect certain information about your visit. Examples of such information may include:
- Site visit information - we and/or contractors may collect general information about your visit to the BedsRus website. This information may include your server address, the date and time of your visit, the pages you accessed and the type of Internet browser you use. We and/or our contractors use this information in an anonymous, aggregated form, for statistical purposes to assist us improve the quality of our website. We do not transmit your personal information by e-mail externally unless you have given your consent (expressly or impliedly) to us doing so. An example of how you may impliedly give your consent may be when you e-mail us your personal information and require us to reply to you by e-mail, or you do not object when we advise you when intend to forward your information to a third party by e-mail.